Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pillow Talk

This past week has been a blast! I had one of my best friends come visit me for my birthday/ her graduation present and we didn't really do the usual around San Antonio... but it was one for the memory books. We did go downtown, we did go to Six Flags, and we did go to the river but it was different this time. As a family and with other company in town we go and see the Alamo and River walk but when we went downtown we went to the top of the Tower of the Americas, took fun wind blown pictures, ate the most disgusting dessert on the planet, and lost the car for almost 30 min with our position markers being a port a potty and the big asparagus. Giggles and smiles the whole time with a hint of panic at the end on my part (:  With about 10 more minutes for our downtown experience we ran by the Alamo, snapped a picture and jumped in the car and left. 





Going to Six Flags the day before was pretty normal. I had no idea how much she loved rides though (: Every drop or twist or turn she was the girl screaming the loudest. I love you Angela! We were kids in a candy store going from ride to ride along with my mom and brother. What a blast! 
We also made it to the Guadeloupe River. We went for one of our weekly mixer dates going on and had a blast with our 3 different dates. We and a fun picnic, swim/skipping rocks, and made s'mores for dessert. Just a side note... I feel like a true Texan this summer after going to a rodeo and then sitting around a fire, eating s'mores, a guy in a cowboy hat playing the guitar, and having an armadillo pass by at the same time! Yep i am in Texas (: 
Over all we had a great time getting out and doing things that the not so average tourist would do and making some fun memories, but I would argue the best memory made this weekend was just the late night pillow talk. That was how Angela and I became friends in the first place and being able to open my heart to her was big for me and I hope for her too.

 Every college student at least knows what I am talking about. You both lay there and get on a topic that is very close to the heart and it is a sweet moment knowing you trust that friend enough to even open up. We also had a few of those 10 minute ab workouts of laughing (: Angela, that is what I am going to remember the most. No matter how early we tried to get up the next morning it was delayed at least an hour though. It was certainly worth it (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment